Tuesday, March 11, 2014

No more crickets...maybe

Yeah, so it's been a few months since my last post.


Well, the time away was not at all planned. My laptop began getting the dreaded BSOD (and still does) at the same time it started to overheat (can cook eggs on the left side of my laptop if I try to start up a game). My usual relationship with electronic devices thus continues to be the bane of my existence.

On a brighter note, I have been teaching in a long-term substitute position for over a month now, teaching seventh grade science. While stressful (it is like trying to keep a pack of lions at bay), it is a job I love to do. The school admin are great, the majority of other teachers are welcoming (probably glad they do not have to teach my classes), and I have a few stand out students who are future movers and shakers in the world. However, the physical and mental exhaustion at the end of the day do require that I take naps more often that I would like.

Yet, I still am able to get in some boardgaming on Thursday nights at the local shop, plus my monthly game club gaming, which is always a miniature wargame.

I do have some game reports I would like to post, but I am currently without a camera and if I had one, my laptop overheating issues would still cause me problems with manipulating images.

I do hope my blogmates are all doing well. I haven't been able to keep up with my reading of their blogs, but promise to do better in the near future.

Rest assured, I have been putting this offline time to use, as I continue to edit and expand the campaign rules for my 1708 imagi-nations campaign, plus continued design work on a few different games.

As a final note, I do wish to state that regardless of our individual political affiliations and nation-state allegiances, my appreciation for your being a gamer still welcomes you as a boon companion and beau adventurer. The current situation in the Ukraine has many on edge and some highly contentious, but you will find none of that here.

Until the next time, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment