Saturday, June 23, 2012

All hail King Pendraken!!

A few weeks ago, I was going through my Perrin 10mm Miniatures. I had purchased them almost ten years ago, now, and am going to use what I have for playing I Ain't Been Shot Mum, by Too Fat Lardies.

Well, as I was going through my German and Russian forces, I realized that I had far too many Russians with SMGs and not enough Germans with LMGs and HMGs. So, I went to the Perrin catalog online...and realized, that were I to build my forces using only Perrin, I would be missing a rather large chunk of equipment, especially early war stuff.

So, I asked around on TMP and folks gave me a few suggestions, the one which stuck out most was Pendraken. I went to the Pendraken site and was disappointed that much of what I wanted to see did not have photos posted for them. So, I emailed them and inquired.

Now, about three weeks after my email, I received, today, their 2012 Catalog and about $10 work of samples, the very eras I had mentioned that I had an interest in 10mm for, WWII and Ancients.



I must say that I am VERY pleased with the folks at Pendraken as well as their products. The Grant/Lee and PzII pictured above are well sculpted and have plenty of detail for this scale. While the infantry do have a slight amount of flash, not every figure is so affected and what is there is minimal.

Needless to say, when I can afford to do so, I will be placing a nice order with Pendraken. I may not be able to stop at just the two eras or four armies between them... these tiny soldiers are superb...and sell themselves rather well.

I have a feeling that the $10 of freebies will translate into a few hundred dollars of sales.

Nice going Pendraken!

1 comment:

  1. Now that's what I call service!!! I can here your empty wallet now!!!

    ReplyDelete