Well, two computers later, I am back. I won't go into details, but suffice to state that my bad luck has continued throughout the past couple of years, COVID aside. However, I've a new, working, and stable computer that seems like it has the legs to last me a while.
In the meantime, I've purchased a fairly large number of board games and miniatures, and have been continually tinkering on my rules for my Imagi-Nations campaign, the campaign bots, and other systems.
The above is a recent project, a component of both the economic model as well as the battle module.
In my current battle rules iteration, I'm going to use command cards for unit activation, my army roster, the economic cost of maintaining the elements of the formation, whether the unit commander was wounded, and, which, if any, of the formation's elements earned a battle honor in the current battle.
I'm calling these "brigade cards," and will create cards for army commanders, corps commanders, corps, and maybe even division commanders at some point. Collectively, they are command cards, but each different version will have its own set of information as well as some commonalities.
As it stands, I've decided that the maximum number of elements (battalions, squadrons, gun sections, gun batteries) is six. This will remain true for corps cards, although the elements of those will likely be brigades, but depending upon the size of the armies involved, could be divisions, with division cards providing the roster of brigades.
I've allowed for commander names and brigade designations, with a small space for battalion/squadron IDs.
I'll have a more descriptive image of these cards in the near future, but for now this WIP is what I have to share. To the immediate left of the tiny Battle Honor tick boxes are the strength point tick boxes of the battalions. I am going with a maximum of 5SPs for infantry 4SPs for cavalry, and 3SPs for artillery gun sections.
Ultimately, my rules are designed to allow me to play from ancients to WW2 (and perhaps near-future sci-fi), with special or optional rules for the individual periods that need them and a change in the die-roll modifiers that will go with my combat results table.
I've most of these rules now in expanded note form and am starting to write them up properly.
Also, while my invader bot was a useful too, as I continued to play and tinker with it, I realized that it took far too much effort to achieve the results I wanted. So, I used that as a starting point and came up with a different solution, which I will elaborate on later.It is true that I do not expect to post here daily, my hope is, again, to post here at least once a week.