Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Kickstarter?... Yes, I did!


Until now, I have avoided Kickstarter and backing anything...anything, at all. However, I came across the current project from Academy Games and I must say, I like it. I like it so much I backed it and then some.

Being a fairly income-poor teacher, I have to budget my expenses, but I do allow myself some funds for once and future gaming. In this case, the game below, has such potential to be a great success.
I already own, and play, their 1775 and Mare Nostrum, both good games. Yet, 878 Vikings has so much more that can be done with it. Such as run a Saga Dark Age campaign, a DBA 3.0 campaign, the boardgame that it is designed to be, a setting for a Swordpoint campaign. You see where I am going with this?

I mean, just look at this map.

It's freaking cool!

There is a downside, though. I have to wait six months before I can play it.

I will still avoid Kickstarters, but this one was just too good to pass up. I wonder how many others get inspired from Kickstarter projects?

2 comments: