Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Finally, I have my move date.


Well, I can now feel safe to announce that I am moving to South Dakota in August. My new job starts on the 20th, but I can move into my home any time after the first. So, I will be moving up there about the end of the first week or the beginning of the second week of August.

I will be living on the Cheyenne River Indian Reservation, teaching at a Bureau of Indian Affairs school.

My new home is two bedrooms, with a detached garage and full basement. In other words, a perfect mancave. I'm hoping to acquire some prints from historical painters, within the first year, to hang on the walls.

Everything in the small town is withing walking distance. I will be able to see my place of employment from my house. Between the savings in gasoline and other living expenses, it will be a financial boon for me.

The best part though, are the students I will be teaching. I am excited and looking forward to teaching Native American youths, helping them earn and education and find their roads to success.

My move will be stressful, as it is a long drive in a rental truck, but I have a friend who is planning on helping me drive and unpack, before I send him home on a plane.

Future plans are in the works for hobby related projects, mainly finishing ones I've already started, but there are a few others that I can now start as I will have the space to do the work.

I am looking forward to the peace and quiet, something I rarely ever get in California.

9 comments:

  1. Justin,

    Good luck with your move to a quieter life. I hope everything goes well, and that you'll be wargaming again soon.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bob. Most of my gaming will be solo, but I may be able to the bigger Midwest gaming conventions now, too.

      Delete
  2. Glad it's all working out. How long before you start an after school wargame club?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! Although I suspect that the weather will be a bit different from Fresno!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 20 to 30 degrees cooler, usually. I'll take that. I can wear a coat when cold, but portable air conditioners are a bit heavy. :)

      Delete
    2. yes, I always say you can put on more clothes when it is cold, but people object to taking them off when it is hot...

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete