Thursday, February 4, 2021

...and so....this actually happened

 

Well, I was going along and working on my army lists and the power went out. It did not just go out, it stayed out for a while, came back on, went off again, came back on, and so forth, for about 18 hours.

Meanwhile, during those times the power was working, the internet was not. Talk about frustrating!

It turns out, something went wrong with the lines running from a hydroelectric dam, which powers much of the state in which I live, meaning all sorts of people were affected. In fact, my entire town was out of power, with all of the (few) shops closed, including both of our fast-food "restaurants."

So, not only was a lot of work lost (yeah, yeah, save while working...but I was in a groove), but it backed me up with grading for my students and I have to now catch up on that. Heck, even as I went to start my Zoom classes this morning (we don't go back into the classroom until 1 March), my internet went down for several hours, causing me to have to drive to work; only two teachers, myself included, out of 26 were at the school.

Anyhow, after tomorrow, I can get back to working on what I want to do, including the army lists.

So that it is not a total loss of a post, I will point out that the League of Augsburg blog has links to purchase the Mad for War Essentials, a pdf with the basic rules for their soon-to-be released naval rules for the 16th and 17th centuries. Those who purchase the Essentials ($7US) will receive a 20% discount on the full rules.

Just click the link to the blog above and it takes you to their home page.


 





2 comments:

  1. It's only when the Internet fails we realise how much we rely on it .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. I pay all of my monthly bills and to the vast majority of my non-food shopping via the internet. Not because this is my preference, but because I live a considerable distance from a city of any mentionable size.

    The internet is both a boon and a burden, much like television.

    Thank you for reading and for the comment.

    ReplyDelete